Friday, January 29, 2016

Let's meet over COFFEE!

Hello there Coffee LOVING friends!  

I'm here today to share a fun set of "artsy" cards I created using a few of my favorite stamp sets from Fun Stampers Journey.  They are:  House to Home and Enjoy Coffee. I was also inspired to do a little experimenting when I saw the circle pattern on some new cards shown with the February Bloom Box. I noticed the cool background and predicted that it was done using the lid from our Fusion Cleaner Solution and some inks.  SOOO...I went up to my craft lab and started mixing up a brown ink concoction.  How did I make the brown???  Well, it's a combination of three reinker colors (Citrus Cooler, Limeade Splash, Beach Ball).  After "stamping" the lid over the watercolor paper, I spritzed the paper with some cleaner solution to help the ink bloom a bit.  I didn't want the ink to be crisp and clean, I wanted it to be more runny/fuzzy looking in these cards.  After that, I spritzed some Splashes (Cool Pool and  Shimmer Gold) onto the paper then quick-dried with my heat gun.  The final step was to add the House to Home pattern image in Black Licorice and the coffee beans in Dark Roast ink.  I used a fine tip Micron pen to scribble some "coffee word and some hearts" strategically onto the inked panel.  
To finish the card off, I mounted the stamped/inked panel onto Dark Roast cardstock, added some black seam binding and Black Journey Twine and mounted it onto some Butter Cream cardstock.  I attached the sentiment using some foam squares for dimension.
Just look at that yummy color!  Love the shimmer from the Gold Splashes!  

Here's the second version, just about the same as the first, just arranged a bit differently.  I also mounted it onto some toffee color cardstock from my stash (I think Bazzill)
Love how the ink bloomed when I spritzed it with our stamp cleaner!  
 Sooooo delish!  Wanna come over for some coffee?? LOL
Hope you enjoyed my cards today.  I'll be back again tomorrow to share a few cute Valentines!

PS....Remember  There are only 2 more days to become a Journey Coach at the STEAL OF A DEAL price of $99.00!  I'm looking for a few more crafters to join my team...Are YOU one of them???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment about my creations! I appreciate the feedback and LOVE. A stamp in the hand is a song in the heart. Kerry